Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Is Yoga Good for loosing weight

Yoga, along with the alkaline diet is the best way to loose weight. It is a fact that yoga is good for the mind and body. Plus, if we add up the fruit and veggies diet or the alkaline diet, it surely will make you fit and healthy.

I just dropped 7kg. in 2 months. I have 3 more kgs. to go to reach my target weight (88 kg. at 1.88m. height). This is how I did it:
1. Quit a high stress job I had for the last ten years.
2. Decided to get a grip on my nutrition. After doing a bit of research and experimenting (low carb diet, Warrior diet, Zone etc.) I decided on an old fashioned approach: three healthy meals a day, very little food in between, eat a lot of veggies, chicken, fish and maintain a slight caloric deficit. No junk food, no crap.
3. Exercise: mostly high intensity circuit training - kettlebells and bodyweight. Also a bit of jogging a couple of times a week. I also got interested in yoga in order to improve my flexibility. It has also given me a sense of well being.
I don't, however, think that yoga really helped in weight loss.