Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bikram Teacher Training

Question:

I am Bikram yoga student interested in attending the teacher training. I would therefore like to hear experiences of Bikram teachers, how they found the experience of the teacher training, how going through the process of the training affected them personally, mentally, physically etc.
I currently feel more motivated by the personal development benefits of the training as I am still unsure as to whether I would want to become a full time teacher. I would therefore be interested to know how the training shaped your views on teaching/becoming a teacher, how effective the course was in providing the skills & confidence to become a teacher.
How prepared would you suggest a student becomes for the teacher training, in terms of intensity of practice and study of yoga in general, leading up to the training itself.

Answer:

Teacher training for me was a beautiful, challenging experience that enabled me to bring Bikram method yoga to Brighton and to share this fantastic series and it's benefits. However,if you are going on training to deepen your own practice I wouldn't advise it. You can practice 2x a day on a 3 mth unlimited & learn so much! Bikram is now only allowing students with a developed practice and need to teach onto training. I practiced for 2 years before I went, and should have waited another 5 to have benefitted from it more....This is only my opinion, but I feel you will KNOW when you are ready for TT, your teacher will recommend you and it will have become obvious to you that you are ready..