Wednesday, March 10, 2010

advice please

Question
I know this might sound rash but, for some time now, i've been trying to understand the essence of the mind. Since all other fields of sience have prooven almost useless, i suspect that the kernel of the mind might contain what i'm searching for. One of the problems is that i do not know what i'm actually looking for, i can only feel it. You could call it enligtment or oneness. I see as far as the manifestation of feelings but cannot grasp further. I know that i'm still ruled by pleasure and pain but i do not want to find a way out of this, yet. I need your advice. Do you think that i'm on the right path, so far, and, what should be the next step ? What am i supposed to look  for next and what do you think i might find ?


Answer
tudor, Thank you for your question.



I think I understand what you are describing. We all are searching for meaning in life. And we are all in the same boat--none of us can say precisely what someone else should do to find their path. I know that is not what you want to hear, but I would be misleading if I implied anything different.



It may help you to do some reading about enlightenment, sat-chit-ananda, and other aspects of the goal of meditation. You may wish to read an inspiring spiritual work, such as the Bhagavad Gita (I like the translation and commentary by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi best).



If you can afford it, I recommend Transcendental Meditation as the fastest practice to release stress, purify the nervous system, and experience the source of thought. If you would like more information about Transcendental Meditation, let me know by submitting another question.



Feel free to submit another question if I have not answered your question satisfactorily.



David Spector