Sunday, March 7, 2010

meditation

Question
Hi again,



Here is some questions: 1- how can I open my third eye 2- since I am somehow an apprentice healer, how can I become stronger and cure more effective. 3- what is the best and most effective way of telepathy 4- how to hypnosys?

Thanks again.


Answer
Hi Mohammad.



I don't think I can address 2, 3 or 4.  To me meditation is not about developing mental skills and abilities.  There are kinds of mental exercises that may do that, I understand, but I am interested in starting to notice how I live.  By that I mean noticing the internal aspects - the fears, anxieties, sense of needing to protect and defend oneself, the patterns of thought tied into these feelings - and noticing how they tie up energy and block caring, among other things.



To listen to oneself this way requires a lot of internal quietness and a real vulnerability, interest and concern to see the truth even if it is not what I had hoped for.  Most of our energy is spent creating a capable and secure self but we don't see that the very basis of this self is fear - fear of not surviving, fear of experiencing pain or humiliation, fear of not being anything at all.  And this self has a strong sense of separateness of being in opposition to "others", meaning anything that seems outside of it.



I left question number one in, though I would want to know more what you mean when you think of wanting to open your third eye.  To enter into a quiet presence that reveals what is happening inside as well as outside - the sound of the fan humming, the feel of the air, the feel of the body on the chair - this quiet presence calls forth a different functioning of the mind, and maybe this is related to what you mean by third eye.



The critical thing is the interest to be quiet enough to hear oneself.  To use psychic powers to bolster the self does not help in seeing the root of the sense of self.  To see this root it takes a quiet, humble listening, in which self activity is quiet so it doesn't make waves and confuse what is seen.



I hope this gives you a little idea of where I am coming from.  It is not exactly what you asked about but it's really all I have to say right now.  If you do have some more questions about what I'm talking about, please let me know. I may have been a little vague or obscure.



Best wishes,



Jay