Wednesday, March 10, 2010

reply me

Question
Hi,

Please tell me that does a person can come to why and how certain things happen,through meditation.

    "luckkky6@hotmail.com




Answer
Hi, Nirmal.



I don't know exactly what your concerns are but I will try to give a simple answer and if you want to ask more specifically, please feel free to write back.



In the simplest way, meditation is simply being sensitive to what is happening inside (the thoughts, feelings, sensations) and to what is happening outside (the sounds, smells, feelings around me) without any purpose or goal, just to listen.



Most of the time we are trying to get something for ourselves (money, power, friends, love, a better future, etc.)  So to sit and listen without any purpose is very different.



In listening to whatever comes up inside me without trying to change it or run away from it, something changes.  We understand ourselves better in a realistic way.  There is a fresh and simple energy in just listening and it can change the patterns of how we usually live.



You can try this and see how it goes for you.  Let me know if you have some other questions or want to ask about something more specifically.



Best wishes,



Jay Cutts