Saturday, March 6, 2010

Recovering good meditation habits

Question
Dear David,

I have done my TM initiation 3 years ago.

With it I've had wonderful experiences but then, somehow I noticed meditation started not being the same. I guess I developed bad meditation habits... So I progressed to other meditation techniques. But I returned to TM shortly after.

Do you know how can I regain the meditation I once had?

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Kind regards,

PT


Answer
PT, Thank you for your question.



It is easy to go astray because correct meditation is so subtle and "slippery".



The best way to establish good results is to visit your local center and have your meditation checked once or twice a week for awhile. Stop going when you feel confident. Oh, and don't mix TM with any other techniques. If you must practice other techniques, separate them by an hour or two.



When I started TM back in 1970 I went for checking several times a week for several weeks. This gave me a strong start that kept me meditating ever since.



Hope this helps. Feel free to submit followup questions, if any.



David Spector