Sunday, March 14, 2010

Out of body

Question
Hi, you answered a question of mine the other day and your answer was very useful. I would like to ask another one, if that is okay. I apologise for the length of this email but I need to do some explaining.



I had my first out of body experience a few days ago and it is something that I very much would like to develop. I have been meditating seriously for about two years and it has given me lots of different night-time experiences - some very pleasant, some terrifying. For example, aside from the lucid dreams, I often wake up with sleep paralysis, accompanied by a very loud buzzing sound, and strong vibrations. At first this was very frightening but as I got used to it, it even felt pleasant. However, other experiences were not so pleasant - for example, sometimes I would hear ghostly whisperings in my room, and once I felt like a man was right next to me and screaming at me. At other times I feel as if I am being punched, poked or shaken violently. This always takes place during the time when I experience 'sleep paralysis', which last for about 20 or 30 seconds, and it all seems completely real. Could it be that these are bad spirits that are attracted to me? I often get the distinct feeling that there is another presence in the room.



I had my first near-'oobe' a while ago, after one of these experiences. I remember feeling as if I was floating 2 or 3 inches above my bed, but I felt relaxed and must have fallen asleep soon after. On the second time I felt my upper body lifting up, and I knew what was happening, but I immediately got scared and snapped back into my body. The third time, however (a few days ago), I woke up and had the same feeling, so I consciously lifted myself completely out of my body and into the middle of my room. As soon as I had done this, though, I panicked because it was such a strange experience. I immediately 'shook' myself, as if to wake from a dream, and quickly found myself back in my body. Afterwards I felt annoyed with myself for panicking and missing this opportunity.



I would like to know if there's something I can do before I go to bed, in order to make this happen more often. And if it does happen, how can I avoid panicking and ruining the experience? Is there, for example, something I can include in my meditation to help me? This is really something I would like to develop. I would love to be able to explore the astral and meet my guide.



Thank you for your patience and kind help.



All my love,

Christopher.  


Answer
Let me answer part of this while I have a few minutes.  Sleep paralysis is partial return ONLY, and you may see al sorts of things, mental anquishes, hallucinations, alternative realities, stress, ect.  One can not go too much on these.  But know to "let go" when you feel the trapped feeling, because you are fighting the spirit COMING IN!  Will write more.