Wednesday, March 10, 2010

meditating on the third eye

Question
Hi David!



I wrote to you a week ago or so about an interesting energetic experience i had during meditation...it has happened again a few times but not as strong.  my question now is do you have any ideas what to think about or visualize while we focus on our third eye by crossing our eyes and lifting them towards the "third eye"?  i have been doing that in the beginning of my meditation practice for a few minutes before i close my eyes and focus on my breath however i wasnt sure what to do while putting my eyes in that position! sometimes i try to visualize a light coming out of my third eye but wasnt very successful and not sure what i was doing.  have any ideas? or maybe some extra meditation methods you know of which you found effective to your growth on the path? thanks!


Answer
Nada , Thank you for your question.



Crossing one's eyes or trying to visualize a "third eye" sounds very artificial to me. It might also lead to straining and discomfort.



I believe that the path to enlightenment is one of increasing effortlessness. Our practice should be easy, comfortable, and natural.



I practice and recommend only Transcendental Meditation (www.tm.org), a simple, natural, and innocent technique for transcending thought and experiencing pure being, a field of bliss and fulfillment. Having experienced that field, all of life is improved.



If you have further questions, feel free to resubmit.



David Spector