Friday, March 5, 2010

Seeing myself

Question
Hi Reed,

I didn't know where to ask about the event that happened to me but I hope you could help me .

One night I was in car and while moving suddenly I find out that I'm outside the car in a higher altitiude and could see myself in the car!

If you don't know the answer it would be your kindness to introduce me a place on the web to find my answer.

thanks so much,

Ali


Answer
Hi Ali,



You have had what is know as an OBE or an Out of Body Experience.  It is not uncommon to to have an OBE while driving a car, what makes your experience unusual is that you were consciously aware of it.  The most common driving OBE is when a person suddenly becomes aware that many miles and minutes have passed and they have no awareness of driving, road conditions, or traffic, yet they somehow managed to drive as if they were fully conscious.



OBE is not confined to driving and it can be experienced in any number of ways. The most common is when a person is resting or sleeping and sees themselves on their bed while floating above their body. Another is when a person has been in an accident. OBE is also related to Astral Travel where a person makes a conscious effort to leave their body and to travel to another place or time.



Hope this is of some help.



Reed