Monday, March 1, 2010

ThirdEye Chakra

Question
QUESTION: Good day, Doctor.

I am something of an intellectual myself, and am fascinated by the various practices of mysticism, meditation, etc. that I can still integrate with my own Christian faith, and have done a lot of seeking in this general realm.

However, I have encountered a smattering of difficulty in my efforts; to wit, it feels to me as though my third-eye chakra is rather blocked for purposes of extrospection. I can imagine and visualize things astoundingly well in my mind, but my ability to metaphysically observe things outside of myself is lacking, it seems to me. I have this sensation of latent abilities that are psychic and/or spiritual in nature, but that they are being withheld in some way, and the most notable blockage I seem to be able to locate (and indeed the only consistent one) seems to be in the third-eye chakra.

So, to you, my stout yeoman, I ask the following: do you know of any means by which I could apply metaphysical/metaphorical "Liquid-Plumber" to this blockage? Have you experience with similar phenomena in the past, whether with people you've worked with or with yourself?

I look forward to your response and wish you a splendid rest of the week.



ANSWER: Liquid Plumber--what a laugh!



Terra, yes I think I get the drift of your question. You seem to be talking about vibes and too much 'traffic' blocking up your arteries, as it were. Do you remember that old B-52's song "dance this mess around?" I think that can be interpreted metaphysically. In other words, if a certain situation or person blocks your spiritual sense, then go somewhere, do something else! That is, rotate.



Also remember that the intuitive eye will open only as God sees fit. It might be that you have more worldly duties to perform right now. If you were a fulltime 'seer' you might find that you didn't like what you saw. And also, this could impede your ability to 'function' as defined by contemporary culture. So be happy where you are, don't compare to others, and if you feel spiritually clogged or unwell, try new things, people and places.



I hope this helps.



---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------



QUESTION: Hello again, Doctor.



Curiously enough, I have inherited a taste for the B-52's from my mother, and am familiar with the song you've mentioned, even though it is far, far older than myself.

Your suggestion does not in itself seem a bad one; however, it does not also seem as though it would work for me. The reason is that I am currently in residence at a small undergraduate college, and have virtually nowhere else to go, nor many people to meet that I have not already (I swear this place is a bubble). I will be certainly "rotating" things considerably when I migrate to a more populous region in the fall for graduate school, at which point I expect big changes in a panoply of areas. Might you have some suggestions for what to do in this interim of restricted mobility?



On a side note, I suppose I should also mention that at one point my meditation seemed to be both personally useful, and divinely-connecting; to wit, I occasionally did chakra-charging meditations (moving from root to crown), which left me feeling great afterwards, but which also provoked a sensation of divine companionship upon reaching the crown. Both of these have become elusive in my meditations, and I'm wondering if perhaps you have any light to shed on the matter.



Thanks for your response, incidentally!



"...they do the coo-ca-choo...and the Aqua-Velva!"


Answer
Terra, I'm glad that my reference connected in some way. I suppose what I was alluding to was the notion that, in the spiritual life, 'heavy karma' can transfer from one soul to another. This isn't just my speculative idea. It's one found in Eastern and Western philosophies and religions.



For me it's exciting to find new ways to express this. And also to deal with it. Now, of course, I am supposing that this is what's causing your third-eye-blind thing. Or should I say, third-eye-clogged. So it just seemed rational that a change of scenery could help.



After all, mediation takes many forms. In Hinduism we have what's known as 'karma yoga' which is the yoga of action. That means that one keeps an eye to the world and to God at the same time. I suppose T'ai Chi is similar. But I've found that even walking, cycling or jogging can be helpful.



Now, if you are a more gregarious sort than me, perhaps you should just go to a student pub and blow off some steam!



Everyone has to find his or her own solution. But whatever you do, I suggest you keep a close watch on yourself so that your spiritual growth remains integrated with the rest of your personalty--emotional, intellectual, etc.



I hope this helps.