Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bring Meditation to higher level

Question
Hi, I considered myself to have been meditating for the past 6 or 7 years but

during that time I never really focused on anything I guess I was just relaxing

enough until I fell asleep!  :0)  I'm not really sure.  I guess the quiet time

alone was good for me but I hadn't put much effort into trying to progress

deeper into meditating.  I am at the point where I'd really like to go deeper.  

Its a necessity for me at this point and I'd like to know if you have any

"beginners" tips.  My normal way of meditating is to lie on the bed on my

back in the dark and do some deep breathing and relax & then focus on some

questions or concerns in my life.  The focus would leave after about 20

seconds and I would sometimes try to get focused again but after a while I

either got up and started doing something else or I would fall asleep.  In my

everyday life when I'm not trying to meditate I find that I have these vivid

visions and crazy dreams.  I feel like someone or something is trying to

communicate and I would like to get to a level where I can be more receptive

to the messages and be able to make sense of them....any tips? please?


Answer
Hi Nicole



The purpose of meditation is to experience life without the clatter of your mind. I go to the places between thoughts, and try to stay there as long as I can without thinking. Another way to meditate is to sit rather than lie down. Put your feet flat on the floor and get into a comfortable position. Concentrate on your breath, going in, going out, and then go to the space between thoughts. If you find yourself thinking about something, gently return to the space between thoughts. The universe lies through that space.