Wednesday, March 3, 2010

meditation

Question
Hi Jay

I have been sitting alone and with a group for about seven years. it continues

to

be a struggle. When I watch my breath, it becomes labored and my whole

body

becomes tense. even when I do shikantaza or "just sitting", my breath is still

irregular. Any suggestions?

Also, do you have phone conversations?

                       Thanks, don


Answer
Hi, Don.



Actually if you don't mind talking on the phone, I would prefer it.  I would need to talk with you a little more anyway to get a sense of what you're talking about.  You can call me at 505-281-0684.  I can call you back as long distance calls are basically free for me.  You can reach me here 10am to 10pm Mountain time, which is noon to midnight east coast, 9am to 9pm pacific time.



Jay