Monday, March 1, 2010

meditate

Question
Hello Mr. David!





Someone has recommended me to do such a meditation exercise: sit still, when you breathe in repeat in your mind "clear mind" and when you exhale say "don't know"



Would you recommend me some other mind exercises, may be something that you do yourself. I heard that Vipassana meditation is very good. I'm going to participate in one of such 10-day course this year.



thanks


Answer
Luke, Thank you for your question.



I think the result of the meditation exercise you describe might be some relaxation, but certainly not the deep dive within and dissolving of stress that happens with Transcendental Meditation and Natural Stress Relief.



While I don't have any personal experience with Vipassana meditation, I have heard from two practioners that it was difficult to practice. They found that Natural Stress Relief was effortless and brought the results they wanted.



If you want to find out more about Natural Stress Relief (NSR), please visit www.NaturalStressReliefUSA.org . You can learn about Transcendental Meditation (TM) at www.tm.org . I recommend either of these techniques highly.



I hope this brief answer has helped. Please feel free to submit followup questions, if needed.



David Spector

Natural Stress Relief/USA