Monday, March 1, 2010

NSR/TM

Question
Hello Mr. David!



I've been practicing the NSR technique for about two weeks so far. I'm just curious what are the effects of this technique. I know that it can calm your mind. But, as far as I know, some Buddhists meditate to get an insight, to experience something extraordinary, to reach enlightenment through meditation, to understand the nature of things etc. How about the Natural Stress Relief technique? Is the only puropse of this technique to become calmer,think clearer etc. In what way TM is better than the NSR technique?

Also: sometimes it happens that while I'm practicing the technique someone interrupts me and then I have to open my eyes quickly and do something else. What should I do then? Should I continue the technique a few minutes later when I do what someone wanted me to do, or just leave it and practice one more time in the evening?



Thanks


Answer
Luke,



"I've been practicing the NSR technique for about two weeks so far. I'm just curious what are the effects of this technique. I know that it can calm your mind. But, as far as I know, some Buddhists meditate to get an insight, to experience something extraordinary, to reach enlightenment through meditation, to understand the nature of things etc. How about the Natural Stress Relief technique? Is the only puropse of this technique to become calmer,think clearer etc."



Congratulations on learning Natural Stress Relief (NSR)!



In NSR we experience a state of restful alertness twice a day. This process, called transcending, allows the nervous system to dissolve stress (see www.nsrusa.org for further information). As stress dissolves, we become increasingly able to experience an enjoyable inner silence, and eventually pure consciousness, which is the state of deep inner silence from which all thoughts spring.



By repeating this experience, we bring more qualities of this inner silence out into our daily activities. They become more life-supporting, happier, stronger, and fulfilling. When we have dissolved enough stress, this state of unbounded intelligence, creativity, and bliss (sometimes called enlightenment) becomes the permanent reality of our life. This is the goal of all religions and all philosophies, made easy through the simple NSR practice.



"In what way TM is better than the NSR technique?"



Transcendental Meditation is better than Natural Stress Relief because it is a more complete program. It includes advanced knowledge and techniques, local centers, residence courses, and teacher training courses that are beyond the current scope of NSR. However, the TM program also costs a great deal of money and is couched in esoteric terms that many find objectionable.



"Also: sometimes it happens that while I'm practicing the technique someone interrupts me and then I have to open my eyes quickly and do something else. What should I do then? Should I continue the technique a few minutes later when I do what someone wanted me to do, or just leave it and practice one more time in the evening?"



Continue when you can and finish the session.



Client consultation questions should be asked in private e-mail consultations or in our public forum. See our Web sites (www.NaturalStressReliefUSA.org and www.natural-stress-relief.com) for further information on consultations. The purpose of this AllExperts category is to bring knowledge of NSR to the general public.



Thanks for your questions.



David Spector

Natural Stress Relief/USA