Friday, March 5, 2010

Meeting an animal during meditation

Question
I am a newbie to meditation - going on 6 months or so.  When I first started my quiet place was a tall tower sitting in a large sofa with soft candle lighting with surround windows viewing the stars... since then my quiet place has moved to a quiet glen in a pine forest where I will sit quietly on a moss covered moss rock...  near this rock are wild flowers and butterflys...  just recently, a wolf has appeared to me - it was quite sudden and unexpected.  He sits staring at me from the edge of the trees where the wild flowers meet.  He has returned each time.  My questions...  Is this a normal thing?  How do I approach?  What do I say?  I don't want to scare him off per se, but, am curious why he has come to me.  


Answer
Dear Kim



I would say that the wolf is one of your totem animals and it has appeared to help you. I would get a book called "Animal Speaks" by Ted Andrews to see what it is trying to tell you. You can attempt to approach it, but it may or may not disappear. This is not unusual for those who are perceptive (psychic) enough to see it. It seems your meditation practice is very advanced. Congratulations!