Friday, March 5, 2010

FEELINGS I HAVE B4 MEDITATION

Question
DEAR REED, THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY QUESTION AND POSSIBLY ANSWER IT.  I AM VERY NEW TO MEDITATION.  I HAVE ONLY DONE IT @ 10 TIMES.  I DID A BREATHING WORKSHOP AT A RETREAT AND FELT DIFFERENT AND THEN "WOKE" UP 2 HOURS OR SO LATER.  I BASICALLY FELL ASLEEP.  I LOVE TO SLEEP.  I AM A FULL TIME MOTHER WHO RUNS A FULL TIME BUSINESS.  MY LIFE SEEMS OVERLOADED MOST OF THE TIME.  CRAM-PACKED FROM 5 AM TO 10 PM.  SO I NEED SOME RELAXING.  I WOKE UP FROM THE EXERCISE DISAPPOINTED, I HAD HIGHER FEELINGS OF ANXIETY, FEELINGS OF FRUSTRATION.  I BOUGHT A C.D., DICK SUTPHEN'S, "THE ZAPPER."  ALSO GOT AN OIL DIFFUSER AND YLANG YLANG OIL.  I FEEL PISSED ABOUT SOMETHING HAVING TO DO WITH MY MEDITATION EXPERIENCES AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS COMING FROM.  I HAD BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO MEDITATING BUT AT THE SAME TIME I AM PUTTING IT OFF. ?  MAYBE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MEDITATING.  EVER HEAR OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS?  THANKS AGAIN!   REBEKAH


Answer
Hi Rebekah,



Meditation is a two edged sword. It can be used to escape from reality and be in a place of peace and bliss for a couple of hours or it can be used to find cause of the issues in your life that are causeing you stress. Your feelings of being "pissed off" when you come out of meditation may be that you were beginning to touch the issues that you don't want to acknowledge exist.



You say you are a full time mother and business woman (5 am - 10 pm) and that you love to sleep. That says a lot!!! You either keep yourself busy to avoid dealing with your feelings or you sleep to do the same. Your intent to meditate was to get some form of escape, to relax, but what you encountered was the opposite and these long lost and denied parts of you (your emotions) are wanting to return and become a part of you again. It is your choice, whether you reintegrate them back into you or not.



There's a LOT more to all this but if you want more info, you can clink on The Heart Centre and read some of the posts there. If you have more questions, you know where you can find me.



Regards

John