Friday, March 5, 2010

sleep

Question
I am a 24 year old archaeology student. i am truly dedicated to my science but i am currently missing more than half of my lectures because i find it close to impossible to get out of bed in the morning. i am not by nature a lazy person but i am not the person i am in the morning. some mornings after my alrm clock has gone off i find myself argueing with myself to get out of bed. in almost all cases though i stay there and wake up around midday hating myself. this problem is severly affecting my course and my life, is there anything you can suggest to help me?


Answer
Hi Robert... maybe try two or even three alarm clocks, all at different strategic locations in the far corners of your room. Or perhaps just put the one alarm clock at the far side of your room, forcing you to get out of bed to turn it off. Maybe physically getting up will jolt you into a wakefulness that will continue for the day. If not, with all due respect I suggest seeing some kind of counselor in your local area. It could even be someone at the college, like your course director or your overall director of studies. It's probably best not to stay alone with this issue. Why not find out how to get up and go to class on time if indeed that is what you really want?