Friday, March 5, 2010

meditation

Question
hi Michael,



i come from greece and i want to visit india this summer and joint a meditation centre for a month

do you have any relevant info?



best regards

stathia


Answer
Stathia, from Greece to India... what an interesting mix! I don't know, everybody is different, but most of my friends felt that just BEING in India was like an ongoing meditation (without fully realizing it at the time). It's so different that everything you're accustomed to may be challenged. You'll probably have to look within at times just by virtue of being there. And that's really what meditation is about?getting to know yourself and God better.



So I would just suggest - and please take this as a suggestion - just following your instinct and buying a ticket for whatever region you feel pulled towards. Once you get your feet on the ground you can think about travelling around. It's really cheap to travel within India. At least, it was when I was there.



Having said that, I did visit the Sri Aurobindo ashram in Pondicherry. And there are some spots in W. Bengal too. But again, I'd just go there, take some iodine for the water, and follow your heart. I personally feel that that's the best way.