Sunday, February 28, 2010

accepting visions

Question
Good Evening,

I have dreams and visions ALL THE TIME! Almost every night.  I am constantly blessed by the Holy Spirit and dream realm with visions of personal events to come in my life, before they even happen.  The problem is, I accept the visions that are favorable and understand them quite clearly however, the visions that are not so favorable I find myself struggling to understand and have a hard time interpreting what Spirit is trying to say to me.  Consequently, when the unfavorable events seen in my dreams come to pass in the physical realm, I end up being hurt by the situation and I get so emotionally drained. My question is, can you offer advise to an annointed child of the One True God, caught in a struggle, with obedience, between the Spiritual World and physical world?  Thank you!



Sincerely,

Tired of Being Hurt


Answer
I don't think I'm specifically qualified to answer your questions, but I do have a reading suggestion.  The early Church Fathers wrote a manual explaining all the states preceding divine union with the spirit.  They were writing for highly experienced Christians. Here is a quote, that might shed light on your question but no substitute for the full text:



"'In Peace be his dwelling place' (PS. 76 : 2. LXX).  To be in 'peace' means to have no thoughts, whether good or bad, because, as Evigrios says, if the intellect perceives something, it is not in God alone, but also in itself.  This is true; for since God is undetermined and indeterminable, without form or colour, the intellect that is is with God alone should itself be without form or colour, free from all figuration and undistracted." p. 236 Vol. III The Philokalia compiled by St. Nikodimos of the Holy Mountain and St. Kaarios of Corinth 4th-5th Century AD. Faber and Faber Boston 1984.



Palbar