Saturday, February 27, 2010

Meditation at night

Question
Hi there



What is te best meditation to do at night before I sleep that will help me sleep and not wake me up. I am a beginner and so far meditate in the mornings but will like to do it at night as well thanks.


Answer
Hi Theta,



Thanks for your question and apologies for delay.



If the problem is with a continuous sleep, I would recommend positive affirmations.



Take 3 deep breaths, let your chest raise when you inhale .



Pay attention on back side of your head and mentally affirm "I am relaxed"



Pay attention on top of your head and mentally affirm "I am relaxed"



Pay attention on top of your forehead and mentally affirm "I am relaxed"





Focus on Navel area, try to visualize a white light in that area and mentally affirm "I am relaxed".



Now do this following prayer :

Today was a beautiful day, O God you gave me the strength to solve all problems at my work and at home. Please take care of me while I am asleep. Forgive me for any errors which I have done unknowingly.



After this prayer, just keep your focus on incoming and outgoing breath. Keep in silence for 5 minutes and have faith that everything will be all right.



Go to bed, lay in a direction in north-south direction, head is towards south.



Sleep relates to how quite or comfortable your subconscious mind is. If you can affirm positive words , mind will relax and you will enjoy a great sleep.



God bless and let you be relaxed.



Regards,

Vinod