Sunday, February 28, 2010

Meditation

Question
Hi

I am a moother of 5 months old baby.I amm having lots of problem in my life.I want to relax myself so i am planning to do medittion.But i am not able to concentrate.My mind deviates when i try to meditate.Can you please tell me s how to start with.



Thanks

Ramya


Answer
Ramya,



Your experience is a very common one. Many people find it difficult to meditate, mostly due to misunderstandings about what meditation is and how to practice it.



Some people and books recommend difficult mental exercises, chanting, breath awareness, and other practices that are hard to do on a regular basis. Nor do these practices have much beneficial effect, beyond strengthening the ego, and I'm not sure that strengthening the ego does us any good either.



Overall, my recommendation is NSR Meditation because it emphasizes effortless transcending, which is (or should be) at the heart of any effective system of spiritual development. It is easy to learn, is inexpensive, and you can learn it by yourself on your own schedule.



If you would like to know more, the NSR Meditation websites are www.nsrusa.org and www.natural-stress-relief.com. You can find out more at these websites and order the NSR learning materials when you are ready.



I wish you the best of luck!



David Spector

President,

NSR Meditation/USA