Friday, February 26, 2010

Visions

Question
Hi there. I started meditating about a year ago and right away I started to see small visions as I call them. It is almost like a small movie being played in my mind for only a split second and it is as clear a T,V, but I do not know the people in it. Is that what a vision is and will they get longer? Thank you.


Answer
Hi... visions can take a wide variety of forms. Some believe they see the past, others the future and others believe they see agents of God or God, proper.



Moreover, some say they see visions of hell and demons. And others believe they see ETs and UFOs.



There really is an incredible variety.



When meditating one of the more important kinds of interior perceptions are those that have to do with seeing aspects of the personality that we thought were fundamental when they're not. This is like stripping away layers of the onion to get at the core.



But in my humble opinion this kind of inner search should not be done alone. And for this reason, I'm a bit concerned about your having visions because if they're not directed by a qualified guide, they might possibly eclipse the rest of your life (say, if they got longer).



It's important to keep balance and for that we almost always need a qualified guide. Who this is... that's up to you and God to find out.



I hope this helps.