Saturday, February 27, 2010

going deeper

Question
Hi Vinod Pai

  I would love to experience deep meditation.I have done meditation a few times,have felt much calmer,less stressed afterwards.When I do it,i focus on my breathing,clearning my mind of thoughts.But when I have a thought I do allow it then let go of it and come back to my breathing.I do meditation in a quite room but do hear outside my window sounds of cars and so on and maybe a sound would arise in my home.My question is,How can i get a much deeper meditation?You hear of people leaving their body's and gaining knockloge.Can I do that? or does it take  3 r 4 years then I can do it? THANKS U SO MUCH


Answer
Hi Juile,



Extremely sorry for being so late. Was held up with some personal work.



First of all thanks for interest in meditation and your question.



Regarding your question on out of the body experience, I haven't had that experience, so I am unable to answer that.



From your question, I am not sure how long you have been practising meditation. From my experience each day the meditation experience is difference and no way I can compare with my past meditation. The duration it takes to master the meditation varies between individuals and same individual can experience different levels on same day.



How to do deeper Meditation ?

Close your eyes, mentally affirm " I am relaxed, this room is full of positive energy, nothing on this earth plan can distract me". Take 3 deep breaths, feel yourself as a tiny little white light ball entering the nostrils getting into forehead, flowing to your throat, heart, navel, base of spine and flowing it all the way back of spine , reaching your forehead and exhale through nostril. Hope you go the idea, some masters use same visualization, but they start it from the base of spine, all the way through back of spine (while inhaling) and gowing down the front body when exhaling. Do it 12 times, and then just concentrate on tip of the nose. Just watch the cold breath getting in and the hot breath getting out.



Do this early in the morning before after washing your face with cold water. Late in the evening before going to bed, have a warm shower and do the same.



Please revert back if you have any doubts.



Let you achieve the deeper experience which you are looking for.



Regards,

Vinod