Sunday, February 28, 2010

Transcendental Meditation mantra

Question
Dear David,good morning



I am a 34 year old Nepali and currently i am in the Hague Netherlands. I am very much interested on Transcendental Meditation. I want to learn and practice the mediation.Is it possible to send me the Mantra and practice myself ? or if there is Transcendental Meditation centre in the HAgue and it is afordable for me i want to go.



if possible please send me the mantra and technique to use it si that i can lead more meaningful life in the earth.


Answer
Rajendra Ghimire, Thank you for your question.



You can locate your nearest Transcendental Meditation centre on the Web at http://tm.org/learn/where/international.html . You can also locate the Netherlands centres via the TM Press Office at +31-475-53-9620 (PressCenter at-sign Maharishi.Net). You can find the Netherlands TM website at www.tm.nl .



If you find that the price of instruction is too high, you should know that there are alternatives to Transcendental Meditation, such as Natural Stress Relief (www.nsrusa.org and www.natural-stress-relief.com).



Concerning your request for "the mantra", you should know that a mantra (meaningless sound) is only a small part of the instruction. The method for effortless transcending that makes use of the natural tendency of the mind to seek a field of greater happiness is the heart of TM, not "the mantra".



I hope this brief answer has helped. Please feel free to submit follow up questions, if needed.



David Spector

President,

Natural Stress Relief/USA