Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lighted experience

Question
Hi,

I started meditating a month ago to achieve a calm n peacefl mind and nowadays I will always see light. It is like even in a dark room, you will sense the light all around as though someone shone a large torch onto you. Also, I will feel a twitch or pressure against the area between my eyebrow. Any advice on my experience and any technique to futher improve it?

Thanks


Answer
Clement, Thank you for your question.



Almost any mental technique will produce effects in the body such as those you describe. By themselves, they mean very little.



However, they do indicate the presence of blocks (stored stresses) to spiritual experience in the nervous system. Eliminating these blocks (dissolving the stresses) will almost certainly bring improvements to daily life.



The most efficient way I know to dissolve stress is through the deep rest provided by transcendental consciousness, the fourth state of consciousness. Two techniques that produce transcending efficiently are Transcendental Meditation (www.tm.org) and NSR Meditation (www.nsrusa.org).



I hope this brief answer has helped. Please feel free to submit follow up questions, if needed.



David Spector

President,

NSR Meditation/USA