Saturday, February 27, 2010

What is going on with me?

Question
I will apologize in advance-there is probably a lot of questions in here,I am hoping for some clarification on things,thank you.

 Even when I was a child at times I can be aware of spirits in the area but it is something that I haven't really pursued in my life. But I am aware of these spirits being around,sometimes very strongly.Can you explain?

 I have vivid dreams in which I can see and talk to people,some I know,some I don't.Some have told me about things that came true.Some I am aware of the background and the colors are very vivid and even though I have never been to that spot it is familiar to me.I also have had dreams in which I was laying down and couldn't move and there was action-people moving,talking etc. around me.Also when I wake up from this dream there was no action-the other people in the room or house were asleep or doing other things. Another dream I have is during last year I came to know someone who became important to me,this person moved away the middle of last year and in the months since this person has been gone I have dreams where I am going to be with this person and we talk. What do all of these dreams mean? Am I having out-of- body experiences as I am sleeping?

 What does all this mean together?

On chackras being opened.I have only recently had a trial session with someone who practiced Reiki and did a chackra cleansing of my top 2-3 chackras.During the cleansing I felt a current along my upper body especially my arms,and occasionally since then I feel that same current in the same place.The current felt like I was being covered in a very very mild,not electricity,IDK maybe static? What does that mean?

 Are these things I asked about things I need to check into? If so,how do I go about that?

Sorry about the length and number of questions-any help or clarification is appreciated. Thank You so much.


Answer
Hi, Alexandra.



I wonder if you can explore the possibility of coming back to a place of not needing to know what these things mean.  They come up, do what they do and can be seen simply as they are without needing to know.



What you described is mostly imagery in the mind.  Some of it may be direct sensations but it sounds like most of it is imagery.  I don't mean to say it doesn't have any relationship with reality.  It probably has some relationship.  But it takes care of itself.



We could say that our home base is a space of open listening and seeing whatever is going on inside and outside, in silence and stillness.  If there is some imagery going on, it is revealed in this stillness.  If there is little imagery going on, then there is just the simpleness of this moment revealed - the sounds of the fan, the feel of the air.  All of this without needing to know - to know what it means or what to do about it.  No need to know.  It takes care of itself.



We can say that the important thing is NOT what is seen but just the fact of seeing in silent non-judgment.



If there is something that does need to be done, then it will come into the mind if there is enough quiet listening and simple presence.  It comes into the mind from the space of not knowing. So presence without needing to know is the source of knowing, when knowing is needed.



If there are things that are troubling the mind, then it is very helpful to take lots of quiet time, being able to sit still and let go of knowing. This gives the mind time to sort things out without getting tripped up by too much confusion of trying too hard to figure it out.



Moving into not knowing is a sort of dying, because we usually live in trying to figure things out desperately and are afraid to let go of it.  But if you experiment with sitting in stillness, you may find that answers when needed do come out of letting go of knowing.



I don't know if this addresses your concerns.  Feel free to write back to clarify what you are thinking about or to ask me to clarify something I wrote.



Best wishes,



Jay Cutts