Sunday, February 28, 2010

Really weird happenings

Question
Back in March, I went through training to become a Yoga teacher and skeptically attended the required meditation courses. For the first four or five, I felt goofy and out of place. Then, about the fifth class, I fell into what I now know as "samadhi". I had clearaudience, could hear thoughts, felt like I was expanding outside my own body, saw bright lights, etc. Ever since then, my experiences have grown more and more intense. I have literally left my body and traveled in another realm, seen space flying before my eyes with intense g force on my "body". Until a few weeks ago, everything I saw was either positive, or informative. Now I am experiencing some very dark things. For example, I get a sense of dread instead of pleasure, and see things such as two eyes burning directly over mine. I feel as if these visions are mainfestations of my evil thoughts. They are scaring the shit outta me. What's going on?


Answer
Yes, yes.



Positive and negative experiences are conditioned states.  Reality is unconditioned.  The real point of meditation is not the content.  The point of meditation is to go beneath positive and negative experience to the unconditioned source.  Our egos get pulled this way and that by our positive and negative thought forms.  That is samsara.  



To be free from samsara we must see through all experience back to the source space out which experience manifests.  Such an undertaking is best accomplished with the help of a realized teacher.  There are some teachers presently teaching in the United States I could suggest.



If you decide to wing it on your own here is my advice:



Let arise whatever arises;

See it directly without

giving in to it, without pushing it away.

Focus on the creative energy of awareness

knowing this and that.

Seeing the seer; knowing the knower.

Contents change like black and white clothe

before a mirror.



Palbar