Friday, March 5, 2010

help

Question
I am a 42 years old man who can not concentrate in anything he does. For example If I am in a movie I will bo thinking in everuthing but the picture in the screen. If I watch TV the same problem. If I am reading a book I can read 3 pages and notice that meanwhile I was thinking in everything but the reading.

Please tell me any exercice to get concentrated in what I am doing, whatever it is.


Answer
The first suggestion I have would be the "Blue Dot" meditation. Draw or print out a blue dot the size of a quarter in the middle of a white sheet of paper. Put it on the wall at eye level when you are sitting down. Sit about 4 feet from the dot and concentrate on the dot. Focus on the dot, if your attention wanders, simply notice that your attention has wandered and come back to the dot. When you can focus on the dot for 10 minutes, imagine that you are in the dot, and you are the same color as the dot. When you can see yourself in the dot, you are finished. You might also try St. John's Wort as an herbal to slow down your compulsive thinking.



Let me know if I can be of any other help.