Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meditation during sleep

Question
Dear Michael, Could you please help me understand following situation:



Since 3-4 years I sleep while while focusing on breath while Naam Simran (Reciting God Name). Since last year I find myself caught hold of by purple color surrouded by Golden circle.I notice that I can't move my body also as I do not have any control over the body. I get very scared and start strugling to come back to normal state. It takes me some time to come back but am very scared about happening this again and again.



Please help.



Many Many Thanks



Ravi


Answer
IMHO true spirituality should never make us feel displaced or alienated. When God touches us through genuine grace, we feel safe, secure and loved. Thus I question this spiritual power that seems to be influencing your sense of well-being. Just as a suggestion, why not try a different approach at bedtime? Why not ask God to protect you from all evil during the night?



I hope this helps.